Click Here for Image (JPEG,10 k)
Possible Variations: You can crochet this hot pad with acrylic yarn (but pay attention because acrylic tends to melting with very hot items); you can add other rounds at the end if you prefer a bigger pad; you can crochet it with thread or a thinner cotton yarn, like Lustersheen, to have a matching potholder (just add a chain hole yo hang it) and/or matching coasters.
Size : 20 cm (8 inches) diameter
Material : Worsted Weight Cotton yarn, in colors : red(A),green (B); hook 5 mm.
Stitches : ch, sc, hdc, crab stitch (= like sc, but worked right to left).
Start with 4 ch with color A, join
1. 1 ch, 10 sc in lp; join with sl st in first st.
2. 2 sc on first sc, (sc on next sc) 4 times; 1 ch,turn. (6 sc) ;
3. 2 sc on first sc, (sc on next sc, 2 sc on next sc)2 times; 2 sc on last sc ;1 ch, turn. (10 sc) ;
4. 14 sc, incrementing at sides and making other 2 inc evenly ; ch 1, turn;
5. 22 sc, incrementing at sides and making other 6 inc evenly ; ch 1, turn;
6. 2 sc on first sc, (sc on next sc) 20 times, 2 sc on last sc, do not turn, but continue on 5 unworked scs in 1st rnd, making (2 sc on next sc, (sc on next sc) 3 times, 2 sc on last sc), join with sl st in first sc: 31 sc;
7-16. continue working complete rounds in sc st, making evenly incs ( 3 or 4 incs per round should suffice) for maintaining the piece flat.
17. work crab stitch all around. Cut yarn.
Leaves (work 2):
With green, start with 3 ch.
1. sc in each ch; ch 1, turn.(3 sc)
2. 2 sc in first sc, sc in next sc, 2 sc in last sc; ch 1, turn. (5 sc)
3. 2 sc in first sc, (sc in next sc)3 times, 2 sc in last sc; ch 1, turn; (7 sc)
4. sc in ea sc; ch 1, turn;
5. sc in ea sc; ch 1, turn;
6 .sc dec in first two sc, (sc in next sc) 3 times, sc dec in last two sc; ch 1, turn. (5 sc);
7.sc dec in first two sc, (sc in next sc), sc dec in last two sc; ch 1, turn. (3 sc);
8. sc dec in first two sc, sc in next sc, ch 1, turn. (2 sc);
9. sc dec.
Stem: Work 16 ch, then hdc in 3rd ch and in ea following ch:
Sew stem and leaves to hot pad, like in the photo.
If you like this pattern, please click on one of my Sponsors link; this will encourage me to continue maintaining my site!
|Return to Patterns Page||E-mail me!||Filet Primer||Home|
©Patrizia Pisani, 1998-2007
Last updated on