Click Here for Image
Size : 4 cm (1.5 inches) x 19 cm (7.50 inches) .
Material : Pearl cotton # 5, hook 1.7 mm (Bates steel #7) ; you can substitute with Cebelia #10 or equivalent cordonnet thread (but the gauge can slightly vary)
Stitches: ch, sc, dc, crab stitch= sc worked from right to left
Start with 18 ch.
- sc in 3rd ch, sc in every ch, turn; =>16 sc
- (sc in next sc) 3 times, 3 ch, sk 3 sc, (sc in next sc) 3 times, 3 ch, sk 3 sc, 4 sc ,6 ch, turn;
- dc in 3rd ch, 3 ch, sc in 3-ch sp, (sc in next sc) 3 times, sc in next sp, 3 ch, sk st, dc on 2nd st, 3 ch, dc on last st; 2 ch, turn;
- 2 sc in sp, sc on next dc, sc in next sp, 3 ch, sk a sc, (sc in next sc) 3 times, 3 ch, sk a sc, sc in sp, sc in next dc, 3 sc in last sp . 2 ch, turn;
- (sc in next sc)5 times, 3 ch, sk a sc, dc in next sc, sk a sc, 3 ch, (sc in next st)4 times. 2 ch, turn;
- (sc in next sc)4 times, 3 ch, sc in next sp, sc on next dc, sc on next sp, 3 ch, (sc in next sc)5 times. 7 ch, turn;
Repeat Rows 3-6 until you reach the wanted length (in the sample the rows 3-6 are repeated 8 times).
finish with a Row of sc.
Edge: crab stitch all around the bookmark (3 sts in corner). Join in first st, cut thread.
- Always substitute (also if not explicitly said) first st in a row as follows:
- first sc with 1 ch, sc;
- first hdc with 2 ch;
- first dc with 3 ch;
- first tr with 4 ch...and so on;
- When you read "sl st to <location>", where the location is not immediately contiguous to last st, this means of course "an appropriate number of sl sts for reaching <location>".
- Also if I do not specify it, if you lasted prev row on a st (say st1), while you must start next row in another st (say st2), make an appropriate number of sl sts to reach st2.
If you like this pattern, please click on one of my Sponsors link; this will encourage me to continue maintaining my site!
This pattern has been seen by
visitors from 02-02-2007
©Patrizia Pisani, 1998-2007
Last updated on