Click Here for Image
Comments: This is an ideal motif for bedspreads (but also for tablecloths); you can join the motifs while you crochet them , on the last round, both on corners and sides, like it is explained in pattern.
Size :4 inches (10 centimeters) diameter
Material :Pearl cotton # 5, hook 1.6 mm (Boye steel #7) ; you can substitute with bedspread-type mercerized thread or equivalent (but the gauge can slightly vary) you may want to give a look to my virtual store if you need materials.
Stitches : ch, sl st, sc, dc, tr, picot (4 ch, sl st in first ch), 3-tr cluster = tr not closed on first st, tr not closed on second st, tr closed with prev two on third st.
Start with 15 ch, join with sl st to first ch
1. 3 ch, 35 dc in lp; join with sl st to first st.
2. *3-tr cluster on next 3 dc 3 ch, picot, 3 ch*; Repeat * to * 12 times, join with sl st to first petal.Cut thread.
3. Join thread with sc in a picot sp, *(5 ch, sc in next picot) twice, 10 ch, sc in next picot*; Repeat * to * 4 times, join with sl st to first st.
4. *(dc on sc, 5 dc in next sp) 3 times, (2 dc, 2 ch, 2 dc) = corner in same space,5 dc in same sp*; Repeat * to * 4 times, join with sl st to first st.
5. dc on ea dc, corner in ea corner sp
6.sl sts to reach next corner sp, *(sc, 9 ch, sc) in corner sp, (5 ch, skip 2 dc, sc in next dc) 10 t, 5 ch*; Repeat * to * 4 times, join with sl st to first st. Cut thread
NOTE: the pattern is for the first motif; the second one is joined with previous on a side substituting the Round 6 of the pattern , on the last side with:(4 ch, sl st in corner of previous motif, 4 ch, sc), (2 ch, sl st in corresp loop of first motif, 2 ch, sk 2 dc, sc in next ch) 10 times>
You will obtain a strip of motifs; on the second and following strips, the motifs are joined on two sides: with the previous motif on same strip, and to corresponding motif on previous strip. I hope I have been clear, if you have problems, write me!
If you like this pattern, please click on one of my Sponsors link; this will encourage me to continue maintaining my site!
|Return to Patterns Page||E-mail me!||Filet Primer||Home|
©Patrizia Pisani, 1998-2007
Last updated on