Click Here for Image
Comments: The name is following my "astrological" convention, but this square really resemble a red sun with expanding rays, don't you think so? Once again, please note that my color choice is surely not the best, I only used these "strong" colors because they are more visible on a scanner. If you will crochet this square, let me know a nicer combination (and hopefully send me a photo of your work!)
Size : 15 1/2 cm = 6 inches
Material : Worsted Weight Yarn, colors A= Red B= White, C= Green, Hook no.4 (US=G/6)
Stitches :ch, sl st, sc, dc, Initial Petal, Petal
Start with A, 8 ch
1. Initial Petal, 3 ch (Petal, 3 ch) 7 times; Join yarn in 3rd initial ch.
2.*dc on petal, 4 ch*; Repeat * to * 8 times ; join B in initial st.
3. * sc on dc, 1 ch, 4 dc pointing hk in 3-ch sp of 1st Rnd, 1 ch*; Repeat * to * 8 times ; join C in initial st.
4. * sc on sc, 1 ch, 4 dc pointing hk in 4-ch sp of 2nd rnd 1 ch*; Repeat * to * 8 times ; join yarn in initial st.
5.* dc on sc, 6 ch*; Repeat * to * 8 times ; join B in initial st.
6.* sc on dc, 1 ch, 2 dc in next corr dc in 4th Rnd, (dc in next corr dc in 4th Rnd) twice, 2 dc in next corr dc in 4th Rnd, 1 ch; Repeat * to * 8 times ; join A in initial st.
7. *dc on sc, (8 dc in 6-ch sp in 5th Rnd), (2tr, 2 ch, 2tr)=corner in corr next dc of 5th Rnd, (8 dc in 6-ch sp in 5th Rnd)*; Repeat * to * 4 times ; join C in initial st.
8. with C, sc in ea. dc, making 3 sc in ea. corner sp. Cut yarn, weave in ends.
|3 ch, (yo twice, hk in sp, draw yarn, yo, draw 2, you, draw two) twice, yo, draw 3 remaining sts|
|(yo twice, hk in sp, draw yarn, yo, draw 2 st, yo, draw 2 st) 3 times, yo, draw 4 remaining sts.|
If you like this pattern, please click on one of my Sponsors link; this will encourage me to continue maintaining my site!
|Return to Patterns Page||E-mail me!||Filet Primer||Home|
©Patrizia Pisani, 1998-2007
Last updated on