Click Here for Image
The Square is crocheted in white, red and green, the colors of Italian flag, hence the name. Easy to crochet, it has really a nice look (IMHO).
Size : 15.25 cm (6 inches)
Material : Worsted Weight yarn, in colors : green (A), white (B), red (C), hook 4.5 mm (US G)
Stitches : ch, sl st, sc, dc,
Start with 4 ch with color A, join
1. 3 ch ( first dc), 11 dc in lp; join with sl st in first st.
2. dc between joining dc and next dc, *2 ch, 3 dc closed tog in sp between next two dc, 1 ch, dc in sp between next two dc*; repeat * to * around; join with sl st in first st, changing to color B.
3. sl st in 2 ch sp, *3 dc in sp, 1 ch*; repeat * to * around; join with sl st in first st (12 groups).
4. sl st in 2nd dc of first 3-dc group, * (3 dc closed tog in 2nd dc of group, 2 ch, dc in next 1-ch sp, 2 ch) twice, 3 dc closed tog, 2 ch, (dc, 2 ch, dc)=corner in next sp, 2 ch*. repeat * to * around; join with sl st in first st, changing to color C.
5. 2 dc in each 2-ch sp, (2 dc, 2 ch, 2 dc) in each corner 2-ch sp. Join with sl st in first dc.
6. sc in each dc, 3 sc in each 2-ch sp of corners. Cut yarn, weave in ends.
If you like this pattern, please click on one of my Sponsors link; this will encourage me to continue maintaining my site!
Buy crochet yarn at Joann.com:
|Return to Patterns Page||E-mail me!||Filet Primer||Home|
Last updated on